25.9.05

Why is everything here completely pointless?

Chocolate Factory

Just saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Friday, and it's really great, even better than I expected - and I would expect quite a lot from a film by Tim Burton with Johnny Depp - the best film I've seen for a long time. And so funny. What can I say, there are just so many details that were so amazing, although the story itself is quite predictable. I just enjoy so much these kinds of absurdities that Tim Burton seems to be a real master of. (I'm sounding American with all this praising, but never mind.)

More films tomorrow, a friend of mine got his documentary about a musician from Burkina Faso ready and the premier was at the Helsinki Film Festival on Thursday. I couldn't make it then (because of flamenco), but luckily there is a second chance to see it tomorrow at 12 - I should be in bed already... It will be shown together with a film from Mali called Life on Earth, which I'm quite sure I've seen before, but I can't remember what it was like even after reading the description on the festival page.

I've been eating too much chocolate lately.

Ei kommentteja: