4.11.06

Running up that hill

Well, I've finally finished most of the things that I mentioned a month ago, maybe that explains why I haven't been posting that much here. A couple of days ago I noticed that I had not really met anyone for over a week, that's a bit weird. I think we used to go for coffee or something with friends at the university or after dance lessons more often than this before. So there isn't much to tell, I've mostly just been sitting somewhere at a computer trying to write something.

The article turned out to be more or less about defining the concept of knowledge in my research, quite unexpectedly actually, I though I was writing about cross-cultural communication in learning dance or something similar. Maybe it partly still is, kind of. I just hope the article pleases the editor, she's more of an expert on that kind of philosophical questions than I am.

If I wouldn't be so busy with all the important stuff and consequently so tired, I might feel bad about some people who seem to think that they know everything about what I do and say, when they don't really know anything about me. For the moment, I don't really care, I just wonder what kind of an imaginary world those people live in.

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Suomeksi, kun sillä saan paremmin ilmaistua itseäni. Toisia ihmisiä on niin kauhean helppo yksinkertaistaa ja tiivistää pariin lauseeseen - mitä vähemmän toista tuntee, sen helpommin mieleen ja puheeseenkin pulpahtaa parin sanan yksinkertaistus siitä, millainen toinen tyyppi (omissa silmissä) on. Ja usein se yksinkertaistus on kaukana siitä monimutkaisesta kokonaisuudesta, mitä ihminen on.

Itse en osaa olla ärsyyntymättä ylimielisistä tai aliarvioivista yksinkertaistuksista, olivat ne sitten tietoisen pahantahtoisia tai ei. Oikeastaan ne, jotka on ihan vilpittömästi sanottu, ja silti ylimielisiä, ärsyttävät vielä enemmän - silloin kun tyyppi pyytteettömästi pitää minua kuvaamanaan. Ja se jos mikä ketuttaa.

Elina kirjoitti...

Joo, yksinkertaistukset(kin) ärsyttää. Jotkut vaan tulkitsemisen lisäksi keksivät kaikenlaista ihan omasta päästään ja/tai kieltäytyvät näkemästä tosiseikkoja. Elävät varmaan jossain rinnakkaistodellisuudessa, josta tavalliset kuolevaiset ei tiedä mitään.