25.5.05

Purple people

Merja told me some time ago that this blog is becoming more and more confessional, although I meant to avoid that. But this will be another step in that direction (so you have been warned), maybe I’ve been reading too many blogs lately... or maybe listening to too much Tori Amos – this is the current mood.

For the last week or so I’ve been mostly grading students’ essays and exams, gathering boxes for the removal and trying to get rid of extra stuff that I don’t want to bring with me to Helsinki. And then there are all these sauna evening things with colleagues. Well, just the second one today, actually. In any case it’s starting to feel like the beginning of the end for my time in Joensuu. But I’m not sad for leaving, I never really felt that I belong here. Although I don’t feel that very often anywhere. Therefore I was quite touched by this e-mail from a teacher of mine in Helsinki saying that people there are already waiting for me to come back. I wonder who is really, but it meant a lot to me in any case. Anyway, I am sad because of a certain someone that I might not see again (although hoping I will). I guess this is just the way these things always go for me...

Ei kommentteja: