11.12.05

Getting there

This one in English, because I hate to write Finnish without the ä's & ö's... First of all, I already have the phone I was supposed to get on the 15th, just in case someone wants to call me. I won't be keeping my Finnish phone with me anymore, so if you send messages I might not answer right away. I have moved to the appartment, although it's still not quite ready, but at least today there has been running water.

Yesterday there was this huge party, a name giving ceremony of the first child (son) of a friend, it went on for the whole day, I have some photos & video, I'll try posting the photos to Flickr some time soon. Besides that I've spent most of my time with trying to organize things and meet some people. I'll start drum lessons on Monday and dance lessons hopefully some time next week, too. And I really need to start learning wolof.

Mostly I'm feeling kind of frustrated, because (as expected) getting things done here is a bit complicated sometimes, but then there are these moments when I'm really happy to be here. Like on Tuesday I went to see the band Ceddo practice in the back room of a gas station - it's quite terrible really, such a good band and they play every week at this club and still they practice in this small room and have instruments that are probably dangerous...

I'm running out of time here, so more some other day. Friends please, send me some e-mail!

2 kommenttia:

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

Näin vuosi sitten Ceddon livenä - aivan mahtavaa. Netistä ei vain löydy bändistä mitään, ei sitten millään ilveellä. Ainakaan näin ilman ranskan taitoja. Onko sulla muuten Ceddokuvia yhtään?

Elina kirjoitti...

Kuvia ei taida olla, paitsi parin kasetin kannet. Niiltä on kuulemma tullut DVD, pitäisi etsiä se jostain torilta. Mutta tuskin niiltä on mitään julkaistu Senegalin ulkopuolella, joten siksi ei varmaan löydy tietoakaan. En ole vielä ehtinyt bändin keikalle, ehkä tässä piakkoin...