17.11.05

Just in case I like the dancing

Alekst2As if I wasn't feeling miserable enough because of this flu, I have tortured myself with watching the video recording from the dance workshop last weekend. Watching yourself dance on video seems to feel about as embarrassing as hearing yourself speak or sing on some kind of recording, although I don't understand why. Obviously you hear your own voice differently than other people, but dance shouldn't really look that different on video than in the mirrors, except that you can't look that much in the mirror while you're dancing.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the people who have to listen to my speaking voice a lot, it does sound a lot nicer inside my head... My singing voice doesn't sound that bad, I'm not a good singer, but I find my singing voice basically ok even when heard from "outside". With dancing it's the other way round, I usually (nowadays) dance quite well, but it's just something about my general posture or style of moving that I feel funny about when watching myself on video. It's like I don't really recognize myself on the video, because I have a different image of myself in my head. Strange.

Ei kommentteja: