12.10.05

Je suis venu te dire que je m'en vais

I have finally managed to reserve the flights to Senegal: I'll be leaving on December 1st, like I planned, and the return is reserved for July 14th, but I might change that if I feel like coming back earlier or staying longer (the latter being more probable). First I was going to reserve the return flight for the end of June, but then I found out that there will be the third Festival Mondial des Arts Nègres in Dakar from June 27th to July 10th. The first one in 1966 seems to have been (or become) a legendary event, so I feel like I shouldn't miss this.

Salif Keita: M'BembaThe thing that will bring a bit of sunshine to my life till then is the new album from Salif Keita. (I'm thinking about his version of that Serge Gainsbourg song in the post title.) Yesterday I finally made it to Digelius (the only record shop worth visiting here in Helsinki) to get a cd of La Tana (we're doing a choreography to one of the songs in our flamenco class) and there I found out about the Salif Keita cd and of course had to buy it. And as could be expected, it sounds really nice, quite light and danceable for Salif Keita actually. In my last post I was praising the beauty of Vicente Amigo, but although he's much better looking he would still come second to Salif Keita on my beauty scale (whatever that might be based on). Anybody would probably.

Ei kommentteja: